Foundation, NJ U. S. A
the Message Continues ... 11/133
Newsletter for September 2012
Article 1 - Article 2 - Article 3 - Article 4 - Article 5 - Article 6 - Article 7 - Article 8 - Article 9 - Article 10 - Article 11 - Article 12
How to be a
Successful and Happy Wife
By: Muhammad Alshareef
If you don't understand any of these, I invite you to a
meaningful, enlightening dialogue to dispel any doubts. Please
do e-mail me. Please do not carry around with you wrong
impressions. Wrong impressions can be and have been fatal.
1. All women are blessed with charm and attractiveness and beauty; use these God given gifts-your beauty and grace -- to win and allure your husband's heart.
Use the beauty Allah has bestowed you with to win the heart of your husband.
2. When your husband comes home, greet him with a wonderful greeting.
Imagine your husband coming home to a clean house, an exquisitely dressed wife, a dinner prepared with care, with children, neat and sweet smelling, and a properly made bedroom and how will it impact his love for you? Also imagine the opposite of it and what will it do to him !
3. Review the characteristics of the Hoor Al-Ayn described in Quran and try to emulate them. The Qur'an and Tradition describe the women in Jannah with certain characteristics, such as their silken wear, their beautiful big eyes and their singing songs to their men. Try it, wear good looking clothes silk for your husband, make over your eyes to enhance their look and you may sing to your husband.
4. Wear jewelry and dress up in the house.
From the early years, little girls have adorned themselves with earrings and bracelets and worn pretty dresses - as described in the Qur'an. As a wife, continue wearing jewelery and the pretty dresses to please your husband.
5. Joke and play games with your husband.
A mans secret: Men generally seek women who are light-hearted and have a sense of humour. The Prophet(s) told his companion, Jabir to marry someone who would make him laugh and he could make her laugh.
6. Thank your husband constantly for the nice things he does. Then thank him again.
This is one of the most important techniques to ensure spousal happiness. The opposite of it is the characteristic of the women of hellfire.
7. An argument is a fire in the house. Extinguish it with a simple 'I'm sorry' even if it is not your fault. What's the big deal ? Remember, there are no winners in a domestic row. When you fight back, you are only adding fuel to the fire. Watch how sweetly an argument will end when you just say sincerely, "Look, I'm sorry. Let's be friends." Therefore, never forget the three magic words, " I Am Sorry " You can win the world with these words and make this life much more hassle-free.
8. Always seek to please your husband, for he is your key to Jannah.
The Prophet(s) is reported to have said that any woman who dies in a state while her husband was pleased with her, shall enter Jannah.
9. Listen and Obey!
Obeying your husband is an obligation in Islam. Your husband is the head of the household. Respect that right.
10. Pray to Allah to make your marriage and relationship successful.
All good things are from Allah. Never forget to ask Allah for the blessing of having a successful marriage that begins in this world and continues on - by the Mercy of Allah swt into the Paradise.
May Allah swt give us the favor of changing what we can change (ourselves), patience with what we cannot change (like our spouse), and the wisdom to understand the difference.
In conclusion: Never forget to make prayer to Allah swt to make your marriage successful.
Article from Al-Huda site: issue 8 / 33
HOME - NEWSLETTERS - BOOKS - ARTICLES - CONTACT - FEEDBACK - UP
All material published by Al-Huda.com / And the Message Continues is the sole responsibility of its author's).
The opinions and/or assertions contained therein do not necessarily reflect the editorial views of this site,
nor of Al-Huda and its officers.