the Message Continues ... 5/9
Article 1 I Article 2 I Article 3 I Article 4 I Article 5 I Article 6 I Article 7 I Article 8 I Article 9 I Article 10 I Article 11
WHY DO PEOPLE VOLUNTEER?
courtesy: cic Friday Bulletin
There are many good reasons why people share their time,
talent and resources as volunteers. Here are a few, among others:
1. To act on their religious beliefs.
2. To achieve a sense of self-satisfaction.
3. To help other people.
4. To acquire training and experience.
5. To develop communication skills.
6. To learn about a particular field.
7. To build professional contacts and relationships.
8. To meeting different people.
9. To prepare for a future paid job within the host organization.
10. To obtain recommendations university or job applications.
11. To help provide needed community services.
12. To make a real difference in the world.