Foundation, NJ U. S. A
the Message Continues ... 5/193
Article 1 - Article 2 - Article 3 - Article 4 - Article 5 - Article 6 - Article 7 - Article 8 - Article 9 - Article 10 - Article 11 - Article 12
SECRET OF SUCCESS IN THE TWO WORLDS
It is one of the limitless mercy and kindness of Allah (s.w.t.) that He had created Ahlul Bayt (a.s.) as a guide and role model for the humanity! In order to achieve a peaceful and fuller life in this world and attain the intercession of the Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) and his Ahlul Bayt (a.s), one should love them. Naturally, when we (humans) love, we try to emulate our lover in every possible way. Consequently, when we love Ahlul Bayt (a.s.), we should examine their lives minutely and follow their directives. God-wariness and piety is the corner-stone of their love. In reply to a question by Ja'bir Jaufi, Imam Baqir (a.s.) said, “Only the person who is God-wary and obeys Him is our Shi'a. Whoever obeys God will be our friend and whoever disobeys God will be our enemy” Imam Baqir (a.s.) told Fudayl, “Guard your tongue and restrain yourself from commiting sins. Be patient and perform your prayers for God is with the patient.”
Surah al-Shu'ra Ayah 23 says, “(Muhammad) Say, I do not ask of you any reward for it except the affection for (my) relatives.” In both the Sunni and Shia books, the word “relatives” refers to Ahlul Bayt (a.s.)”. Moreover, the word “affection” (Mawaddat) is love coupled with obedience. The Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) said, “Everything has a foundation, and the foundation of Islam is to love us, the Ahlul Bayt.” Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said, “By God, no one will love us unless God has purified his heart.” The Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) said, “God has promised me not to accept the faith of a servant except by the love of my Ahlul Bayt.” Imam Ali (a.s.) said, “Truly, the Prophet promised me that only believers will love me and the hypocrites will dislike me.”
The effects and requirements of loving Ahlul Bayt (a.s.):
1. The Ahlul Bayt said: Whoever loves us will act like us.”
2. Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said, “Whoever loves our friends, loves us.”
3. Imam Ali (a.s.) said, “If along with the love for us, a person loves our enemies, he is not one of us.”
4. Imam Ali (a.s.) said, “Whoever loves us should be prepared for various calamities.”
5. Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said, “Whoever disregards a Muslim disregards us and has insulted God.”
6. Happiness at the moment of death.
7. A follower of Ahlul Bayt (a.s.) who had restrained himself from all sins, supported by the Imams at the time of death, will be protected from any punishment in the Hereafter.
8. The Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) said, “If a person who loves us makes a mistake, in his next step he will be guided until the Day of Judgment when Allah will rescue him.”
9. A person who loves Ahlul Bayt (a.s.) will strive to purify his soul and will endeavor to attain virtues and righteous deeds to get closer to them.
10. Resurrection with Ahlul Bayt (a.s.). Surah al-Nisa Ayah 69 says, “Whoever obeys God and the Apostle, they are with those whom God has blessed, including the prophets and the truthful, the martyrs and the righteous, and excellent companions are they.” The Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) said, “Whoever loves us, the Ahlul Bayt, for the sake of God, will be resurrected with us.”
11. Imam Sadiq (a.s.) narrated a story that the Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) on his journey came down from his camel and prostrated five times and resumed the journey. On inquiry, he explained that Gebra'il informed him that Imam Ali (a.s.) will be among the people of heaven and subsequently he was informed about Sayyida Fatima Zahra (s.a.), Imam Hasan , Imam (a.s.) Husayn (a.s.), their lovers will be among the people of heavens. Hence he performed five prostrations.
12. The love of Ahlul Bayt (a.s.) is the foundation of the eternal life that begins with a pleasant death, glad tidings from the angel of death, and the Munkar and Nakir, and will be taken to paradise like a bride is taken to her home.
tranquility in this world. Imam
Ali (a.s.) said, “ When the
Ayah, 'Look! The hearts find
rest in God's remembrance'
(13:28) was revealed, the
Prophet said that this is not
merely for those who sincerely
loved God, but also His
Messenger, and the Ahlul Bayt;
he also loves the believers both
in their presence and their
Sources used: The Glorious Qur'an, Love for the Ahlul Bayt by Allama Husayn Ansariyan
All material published by Al-Huda.com / And the Message Continues is the sole responsibility of its author's).
The opinions and/or assertions contained therein do not necessarily reflect the editorial views of this site,
nor of Al-Huda and its officers.
HOME - NEWSLETTERS - BOOKS - ARTICLES - FEEDBACK