Foundation, NJ U. S. A
the Message Continues ...
- Article 2 -
Article 3 -
Article 4 -
- Article 6
- Article 7 -
Article 8 -
Article 9 -
Article 10 -
Article 11 -
Imam Muhammad Al-Baqar (AS) said
|Seventh Infallible Sayings:
- Remember your previous sins with severe repentance and more seeking forgiveness.
- One who disobeys Allah has no knowledge of him.
- Seize the opportunity in asking for du`a on five occasions: (a) After reciting the Qur'an, (b) At the time of azan, (c) When an oppressed invokes assistance, (d) When two armies are facing each other seeking martyrdom, (e) At the time of raining."
- Whoever recites the Holy Qur'an while standing in prayer, Allah Almighty will bestow a hundred blessings for every letter; whoever recites it while sitting in prayer, Allah will reward with fifty blessings for every letter; whoever recites the Qur'an outside of prayer, Allah will grant ten blessings for each letter.
- The height of perfection is excellence in the understanding of the religion, endurance in hardships and administration of the affairs of life according to one's means, in the right measure.
- Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (AS) once said to one of his companions: "O Jabir it is not enough that a person says; I am a Shiah and I love the Prophet (SAW) and the Prophet's family and the Imams. By Allah, a Shiah is the one who is perfectly pious and obedient to Allah's commands. Anyone else is not a Shiah no matter how much they say they love Hazrat Ali (AS) and no matter what they call themselves. O Jabir Our Shiahs are known by these signs: (a) They are truthful, trustworthy and loyal; (b) They always remember Allah; (c) They offer their prayers, observe fasts, and recite Qur'an; (d) They help their neighbors, take care of orphans, and say nothing but good of people; (e) They act nicely towards their parents; (f) They are worthy of peoples trust and confidence.
- Imam said, Our followers are of three kinds, one who follows us but depends on others, one who is like a glass involved in his own reflections, but the best are those who are like gold, the more they suffer the more they shine.
- Imam Baqir told Jabir: O Jabir, if I had expounded for you our belief and tenets we would have destroyed ourselves. In any case, we are relating for you traditions that we collected from the Prophet, just as people collect gold and silver.
- I admonish you regarding five things; if you are wronged, do not commit wrong doing to others, if you are betrayed, do not betray anyone, if you are called a liar, do not be furious, if you are praised, do not be jubilant, if you are criticized do not fret and think of what is said in criticism, if you find in yourself what is criticized about you, then you are falling down in the eyes of God; when you are furious about the truth, it is much greater calamity then your falling down in the eyes of the people. And if you are opposite of what is said (in criticism) about you, then it is a merit you acquired without having to tire yourself in obtaining it.
- Imam Muhammad Baqir (AS) says that Imam Ali once said: There were two things in this world, which softened the Wrath of Allah and prevented its descent upon man: One has been taken away from you; hold the other steadfastly. The one which has been taken away from men is the Holy Prophet and the one which is still left with them and which they must hold steadfastly is repentance and atonement for sins because Allah at one place in the Holy Book addressed the Holy Prophet and said Allah would not punish them while you were among them nor while they were asking for forgiveness. (Surah Anfal, 8:33)
- The scholar who derives benefit from his knowledge is better than 70,000 devotees.
- "Indeed if you are good in teaching the people and do not show pride towards them, then Allah will increase you from His favor. However if you prevent them from learning your knowledge, then it is incumbent upon Allah, the Great and Almighty, to deprive you of knowledge and its splendor and to drop your position from the hearts of people."
- "I hate the person who is jobless and who merely lies on his back and says, 'O Allah! Give me sustenance! He asks Allah to do him a favor while the small ant comes out of its ant colony to seek its livelihood!"
NEWSLETTERS - BOOKS
- CONTACT - FEEDBACK
material published by Al-Huda.com / And the Message Continues is
the sole responsibility of its author's).
opinions and/or assertions contained therein do not necessarily
reflect the editorial views of this site,
of Al-Huda and its officers.